At a Glance
- Capacities: 0-100N up to 0-50kN
- Output: 2mV/V
- Environmental Protection: IP65
- Accuracy: <±0.30%/RC
- Low Profile Design
- Low Profile & Integral Mounting Threads Make it Ideal to use in Small Spaces
- Designed for Both Tension and Compression Monitoring
- Customisation Available to Suit Your Application
- Excellent at Monitoring Fast Changes Thanks to its Low Deflection
Applied Measurements DDE miniature in-line load cell is suitable for use in both tension and compression and offers a very low profile body coupled with integral mounting threads to allow use in applications with restricted mounting space where other in-line load cell designs such as S-Beam load cells are too large.
The DDE’s small size means that weight is kept to a minimum, this, in conjunction with its low deflection, results in a high stiffness assembly and makes the load cell suited to the measurement of fast changes in load and high-frequency transients.
The DDE miniature in-line load cell is currently being used in many applications including automotive production, cable tension monitoring and suspension force monitoring. Customised versions with different thread sizes, specific dimensions and interim capacity can also be provided if required.
For a submersible in-line load cell please see Applied Measurements DDEN fully submersible load cell which has a protection rating of IP68 suitable for long-term immersion.
|Rated Capacity (RC)||N||0-100, 0-250, 0-500, 0-1000, 0-2500, 0-5000, 0-10000, 0-20000, 0-50000|
|Operating Modes||Tension/Compression / Tension & Compression|
|Sensitivity (RO)||mV/V||2.0 nominal (1.2 approx on 100N)|
|Zero Balance/Offset||±%/Rated Output||<1.0|
|Output Symmetry (tension vs. compression||±%/Rated Output||<1|
|Temperature Effect on Zero||±%/Rated Output/ ˚C||<0.005|
|Temperature Effect on Sensitivity||±%/Applied Load/ ˚C||<0.005|
|Input Resistance||Ohms||750 nominal|
|Output Resistance||Ohms||700 nominal|
|Insulation Resistance||Megohms||>5000 @ 50Vdc|
|Excitation Voltage||Volts AC or DC||10 recommended (2-15 acceptable)|
|Operating Temperature Range||˚C||-20 to +80|
|Compensated Temperature Range||˚C||0 to +70|
|Storage Temperature Range||˚C||-20 to +80|
|Safe Overload||% of Rated Capacity||150|
|Ultimate Overload||% of Rated Capacity||200|
|Maximum Allowable Sideload||% of Rated Capacity||<5|
|Deflection @ Rated Capacity||mm||See dimensions table|
|Fundamental Resonant Frequency*||kHz||See dimensions table|
|IP Rating (Environmental Protection)||IP65|
|Weight (excluding cable)||grams||150 nominal|
|Fatigue Life||108 cycles typical (109 cycles on fatigue-rated version)|
|Cable Length (as standard)||metres||2|
|Cable Type||4-core + screen, PVC sheath, Ø3.5 typical|
|Resolution:||1 part in 250,000 (with appropriate instrumentation)|
|*The resonant frequency is calculated with the body of the load cell attached to a large plate, ensuring that only the sensing element oscillates: This is vital to achieve the highest natural frequency and subsequent frequency response.|
Product Dimensions (mm)
|Deflection mm||Resonant Frequency kHz|
|Green||+ve signal (compression)|
|Screen||To ground - not connected to load cell body|
Ordering Codes & Options
|Core Product||Capacity (inc Engineering Units)||Cable Length (m)||Specials Code||Example Result|
Mounting And Installation Accessories
Rod End Bearings for Tension Use
Designed to align forces through the principle axis of the load cell thus reducing the effects of extraneous forces, hence offering improved performance from the cell.
Rod End Bearings are used where tensile forces are being applied.
Maintenance-free rod ends are a complete units made up of a housing with both an integral shank (with an internal or external thread) and a maintenance-free spherical plain bearing, located within the housing.
- Supports radial loads in a tensile or compressive direction.
- Suitable for unilateral loads – can support alternating loads and alternating loads in combination with bearing GE..UK-2RS, please consult sales.
- Zinc plated for corrosion resistance.
- Are maintenance-free.
- Fitted with radial spherical plain bearings GE..UK
- Hard chromium/PTFE composite sliding contact surfaces.
- Enables compact adjacent construction thanks to its thin-walled design of the eye housing.
(right hand thread)
To ISO 12 240-4, dimension series E, type F
Shank with internal thread
ISO 12 240-4, dimension series E, type F
Sliding contact surface: hard chromium/PTFE
Sliding material: PTFE composite
|LOAD CELL||SHAFT DIAMETER||ORDERING CODE||MASS||DIMENSIONS|
|d||WITHOUT SEALS||WITH SEALS||≈ kg||d||D||B||dK||d1||d2||d3||d4||h1|
|DDE-100N to 20kN||12||GIR 12 UK||-||0.096||12-0.008||22||10-0.12||18||14.9||34||M12||17.5||50|
|DDE-50kN||17||GIR 17 UK||-||0.22||17 -0.008||30||14-0.12||25||20.7||46||M16||24||67|
|LOAD CELL||Degrees||Chamfer Dimension||Basic Load Ratings||Radial Internal Clearance||Shaft Diameter|
|C1||α||l3||l4||l5||l7||d5||W||r1s min.||dyn. Cr N||stat. C0r N||d|
|DDE-100N to 20kN||8||11||23||67||6.5||18||22||19||0.3||11 400||30 400||0 - 0.032||12|
|DDE-50kN||11||10||34||90||10||23||30||27||0.3||22 400||56 500||0 - 0.04||17|
Published Sensor Application Articles
Below is a published sensor application paper that shows you how the DDE miniature in-line load cell has been used in a specific application. See our published sensor application articles page for many more.
By Ramírez García, María Fernánda, Romero Cañón, Diego Andrés. 2009. Universidad De La Salle.
CAD Model Files
Our 3D models are provided in STEP format and can be viewed using FreeCAD. Other formats can be provided on request.
The .zip file below contains a separate model for each product variant.
Instant Price & Part Code Builder
You can now buy this product in our online shop. Alternatively, you can find the ordering code, price* and lead time below.
- Lead Time
- Part Code
*Please note: The prices shown are valid in the UK only and do not include carriage charges. For overseas pricing please contact a member of our sales team or your local distributor.
Why Applied Measurements?
- Suppliers of top quality strain gauge sensors and transducers to every corner of industry - UK and worldwide
- Over 100 years of expert transducer knowledge
- Our high quality products all come with a 3 year warranty
- Platform Load Cell | Single Point Load Cell | 0-250g to 0-40kg | OBUG0-250g to 0-40kgFrom £123
- Universal Load Cell | Universal S-Beam Force Sensor | DBBSM0-1kg up to 0-30,000kgFrom £244Buy Online
- Handheld Load Cell Indicator | Digital Display | TR150From £296Buy Online
- Strain Gauge Displacement Sensor | Linear Position Sensor | AML/SGD0-5mm to 0-100mmFrom £409Buy Online