At a Glance
- Capacities: 0-1kg up to 0-30,000kg
- Output: 2mV/V to 2.7mV/V
- Environmental Protection: IP65
- High Accuracy: <±0.03%/RC
- Custom Versions Available
- Guaranteed High Performance – With dual bending beam and shear web designs.
- Ideal for Outdoor or Harsh Industrial Environments
- Fully Submersible Versions Available – For marine and offshore applications.
- Fast and Simple to Install – With standard or customised mounting bases and design fixtures.
- Improved Accuracy – Our specially designed rod end bearings reduce extraneous forces.
- Customisation Available to Suit Your Specific Application.
The DBBSM universal load cell is suitable for use in tension or compression and lends itself to a wide force and load measurement applications such as those found on tensile testing machines, suspended hoppers and geotechnical test equipment, as well as a wide range of other general purpose applications.
Our universal load cell features a dual bending beam sensing design on all capacities up to 1000kg, while a shear web sensing design is used from 2500kg upwards. Both designs offer excellent accuracy and are guaranteed to meet a specification of ±0.03% of rated capacity of better.
Rod-end bearings and load buttons are available to suit all universal load cell capacities and provide optimal loading conditions to ensure that you get the best possible performance from your system.
If you need to fit into a restricted space, our DBBSMM range of miniature S-Beam load cells will fit the bill.
1, 2, 5, 10, 25
M8 x 1.25
50, 100, 250
M8 x 1.25
M12 x 1.75
M16 x 2.0
M30 x 2.0
M45 x 3.0
Note: Capacities of 10,000kg and up
have rounded shoulders
Accurate S-Beam Load Cell Measures Cable Tension of Light Aircrafts
In light aircrafts the flight control system must have correctly adjusted cables to maintain correct rudder movement, smooth direction and precise level and control of flight. Calmet Laboratory Services used a DBBSM-1000kg s-beam load cell to check the accuracy of the aircraft tension meters when applying tension to a cable.
Complete Tensile Monitoring System Delivered in Under 1 Week
With huge capacities of up to 30,000kg and an accuracy of <±0.03% of the rated capacity, the highly accurate DBBSM S-beam load cell really is the knight in stainless steel armour. Not only can it efficiently handle the larger loads in the guys, it can also be supplied in less than 1 week! Its tough construction makes it ideal to use in the harsh outdoor conditions on the guy cables.
Force Measurement Determines The Effect of Girth Tension on Horse Gait
Using electrical systems for the measurement of mechanical forces is by no means limited to machines and laboratory based applications. In her recently completed research thesis ‘Girth Tensions and their Effects on Equine Stride Characteristics’, Sue Wright of Moulton College Northampton used load cells, motion sensors and GPS amongst other technologies to measure and record the tension within the girth strap used to hold the saddle in place.
Interested in this product? Let us call you...
- Suppliers of top quality strain gauge sensors and transducers to every corner of industry - UK and worldwide
- Over 100 years of expert transducer knowledge
- Our high quality products all come with a 3 year warranty
Strain Gauge Displacement Sensor | Linear Position Sensor | AML/SGD
0-5mm to 0-100mm