Developed by the University of Edinburgh, FASTBLADE is designed for high-quality, low-cost fatigue testing of tidal turbine blades, composite bridge sections and carbon fibre aircraft wing boxes and is the world’s first test facility that uses regenerative hydraulic technology.
Thanks to its cost-effective and accelerated testing, FASTBLADE reduces design risks, delivers rapid evaluation and enables faster certification and deployment of new products to the global market.
Applied Measurements DSCC precision pancake load cells are an integral part of FASTBLADE’s design. They are low profile, high accuracy and have a high-frequency response.
Find out more…
At our new Applied Measurements Shop you can shop our range of precision load cells, LVDT displacement transducers, level & depth sensors & instrumentation online.
- It’s Secure & Easy to use
- See lead times, pricing & delivery costs before you order
- Add-On Accessories & Instrumentation
- Various Calibration Options
- Instant Email Confirmation
- Customised LVDTs Available
- Single Sensors to Multiple Units
- No Need to Create an Online Account
Micro Geotechnical, an in-situ testing company, needed to accurately monitor the bearing capacity of the ground under a given load, to determine the safe bearing capacity of the soil.
The measuring instruments would need to be accurate and precise, with the ability to withstand the harsh outdoor environments of their in-situ plate bearing tests.
So, we offered them Applied Measurements button load cell CBES and our handheld indicator and here’s why…
The new micro button load cell CDFT from Applied Measurements is the smallest button load cell we have ever made at only 2.9mm in height!
- Tiny Ø9mm and 2.9mm height
- Capacities from 0-10N up to 0-250N
- Accuracy: <±0.25% of rated capacity
- Wide operating temperature range: -40 to +125 °C
- Strain gauge based technology
- 2m cable as standard
- Integral load button
Applied Measurements new micro button load cell CDFT has a tiny 9mm diameter and 2.9mm height for accurate compression force measuring in the tiniest of spaces. It utilises state-of-the-art strain gauge technology combined with precision CNC machining to give you precise and reliable force measurement results.
All our force measurement systems are supplied with the sensor and instrumentation ready calibrated to UKAS traceable standards, meaning they are accurate and ready to use straight out of the box. Thanks to their complete setup, installation is fast and easy into your force measurement application.
- Ready to use straight out of the box
- Supplied with sensor & instrumentation ready calibrated
- Available in 7 – 10 working days
- Ready for when you return to work
- Fast & easy installation
- Outstanding aftersales service – just give us a call
- 3 years warranty