At a Glance
- Stroke Ranges: 0-5mm to 0-100mm
- mV/V Output
- Environmental Protection: IP54
- Spring Loaded
- High Accuracy:
- <±0.1% (0-5mm to 0-25mm)
- <±0.2% (0-50mm to 0-100mm)
- Ideal for Battery-Powered Systems – Thanks to its low power consumption.
- High Accuracy Guaranteed – With its strain gauge based measuring system.
- Long Life – The AML/SGD will still work reliably and accurately even after 10 million cycles.
- Let Us Do The Hard Work For You – We can supply the AML/SGD with a wide range of standard analogue and digital equipment.
Applied Measurements AML/SGD strain gauge displacement sensor utilises strain gauge technology to provide a linearly proportional voltage output in relation to the movement of a captivated spindle.
Available in ranges from 0-5mm up to 0-100mm, the strain gauge displacement transducer offers excellent accuracy of better than 0.1% on ranges up to 0-25mm and 0.2% on the 0-50mm and 0-100mm versions, coupled with high resolution and long-term stability.
The strain gauge bridge design operates using minimal current, making the AML/SGD suitable for use in battery-powered systems and equipment.
Common applications for Applied Measurements AML/SGD include Geotechnical Testing, R&D, Aerospace, Civil Engineering and Automotive.
|Spring Force:||150-400||50-300||50-300||50-250||120-400||gf (progressive)|
|Rated Output:||4.2||5.1||6.7||9.0||7.5||mV/V (nominal)|
|Non-Linearity; Hysteresis + Repeatability|
|<0.10||<0.20||±% of Rated Output|
|Operating Temperature Range:||-10 to +70||°C|
|Temperature Effect On Output:||<0.010||±% of Rated Output/°C|
|Temperature Effect On Zero:||<0.010||±% of Rated Output/°C|
|Safe Overload:||See note 4 below|
|Excitation:||10 recommended (2-15 acceptable)||Volts AC or DC|
|Current Consumption:||<30 @ 10Vdc||mA|
|Input Resistance:||350||Ohms (nominal)|
|Output Resistance:||350||Ohms (nominal)|
|Output Bandwidth:||100||Hz (nominal)|
|Cable:||2m, 4 core Screened (min bend radius 10mm)|
|Weight (excluding cable):||125||130||140||180||320||grams|
1. The outer case must not be distorted when clamping the sensor. A full diameter clamp is advised.
2. The sensor is not recommended for use in hostile environments without additional protection.
3. Special tools are required to remove the plunger tip (anvil) to avoid damage to the spindle.
4. With the plunger tip (anvil) attached this forms a positive overload protection stop.
If the anvil is removed, the threaded end of the plunger must not be allowed to enter the case.
CAD Model Files
Our 3D models are provided in STEP format and can be viewed using FreeCAD. Other formats can be provided on request.
The .zip file below contains a separate model for each product variant.
Instant Price & Part Code Builder
You can now buy this product in our online shop. Alternatively, you can find the ordering code, price* and lead time below.
*Please note: The prices shown are valid in the UK only and do not include carriage charges. For overseas pricing please contact a member of our sales team or your local distributor.
Applied Measurements’ Displacement Transducers Make Tracks Through Turkey
Applied Measurements were asked to design a bespoke bridge monitoring system for Turkey’s new rail tunnel – The Marmaray Project. We created a bespoke bridge monitoring system using 3 off 50mm AML/SGD displacement transducers, forming a triaxial measurement of each joint. The AML/SGD series of displacement transducers utilise strain gauge technology to convert the linear movement of the joints within the tunnel into an analogue electrical signal. The AML/SGD series of displacement transducers were chosen for their excellent accuracy (0.1%), coupled with their high resolution and long-term stability, making them a perfect transducer for The Marmaray Project.
Why Applied Measurements?
- Suppliers of top quality strain gauge sensors and transducers to every corner of industry - UK and worldwide
- Over 100 years of expert transducer knowledge
- Our high quality products all come with a 3 year warranty