At a Glance
- Stroke Ranges: 0-5mm to 0-100mm
- mV/V Output
- Environmental Protection: IP54
- Spring Loaded
- High Accuracy:
- <±0.1% (0-5mm to 0-25mm)
- <±0.2% (0-50mm to 0-100mm)
- Ideal for Battery-Powered Systems – Thanks to its low power consumption.
- High Accuracy Guaranteed – With its strain gauge based measuring system.
- Long Life – The AML/SGD will still work reliably and accurately even after 10 million cycles.
- Let Us Do The Hard Work For You – We can supply the AML/SGD with a wide range of standard analogue and digital equipment.
The AML/SGD strain gauge displacement sensor utilises strain gauge technology to provide a linearly proportional voltage output in relation to the movement of a captivated spindle.
Available in ranges from 0-5mm up to 0-100mm, the strain gauge displacement transducer offers excellent accuracy of better than 0.1% on ranges up to 0-25mm and 0.2% on the 0-50mm and 0-100mm versions, coupled with high resolution and long-term stability.
The strain gauge bridge design operates using minimal current, making the AML/SGD suitable for use in battery-powered systems and equipment.
Common applications for the AML/SGD include Geotechnical Testing, R&D, Aerospace, Civil Engineering and Automotive.
CAD Model Files
Our 3D models are provided in STEP format and can be viewed using FreeCAD. Other formats can be provided on request.
Instant Price & Part Code Builder
Customise this product using the dropdown menus and find the price*, lead time and ordering code below.
Cable Length (other lengths available on request)
*Please note: The prices shown are valid in the UK only and do not include carriage charges. For overseas pricing please contact a member of our sales team or your local distributor.
Applied Measurements’ Displacement Transducers Make Tracks Through Turkey
Applied Measurements were asked to design a bespoke bridge monitoring system for Turkey’s new rail tunnel – The Marmaray Project. We created a bespoke bridge monitoring system using 3 off 50mm AML/SGD displacement transducers, forming a triaxial measurement of each joint. The AML/SGD series of displacement transducers utilise strain gauge technology to convert the linear movement of the joints within the tunnel into an analogue electrical signal. The AML/SGD series of displacement transducers were chosen for their excellent accuracy (0.1%), coupled with their high resolution and long-term stability, making them a perfect transducer for The Marmaray Project.
Interested in this product? Send us an enquiry...
- Suppliers of top quality strain gauge sensors and transducers to every corner of industry - UK and worldwide
- Over 100 years of expert transducer knowledge
- Our high quality products all come with a 3 year warranty
Strain Gauge Displacement Sensor | Linear Position Sensor | AML/SGD
0-5mm to 0-100mm
Universal Load Cell | Universal S-Beam Force Sensor | DBBSM
0-1kg up to 0-30,000kg