At a Glance
- Simple USB Connection
- No external power supply required
- ASCII Protocol
- High Speed: 100 Readings/Second max.
- Free Toolkit Software Included
- High Stability with 1 part in 200,000 resolution
- Converts a Transducer Signal to a Digital Input Direct to Your PC
- Easy to Use – Simply Plug & Play
- Cost Saving – No Need for Additional Amplifiers
- Works With Any Full-Bridge Strain Gauge Sensors
- Fast Data Analysis – With Direct USB Connection
- View the Results Instantly with the FREE Downloadable Software
The DSCUSB strain gauge signal digitiser is a USB load cell interface designed to convert strain gauge transducer inputs into a digital USB serial output. It is very compact and housed in a rugged plastic case rated to IP50 making it suitable for all indoor environments.
The DSCUSB load cell interface plugs directly into your PC and requires no additional power supplies, as it derives all its power requirements directly from the USB bus.
The USB strain gauge signal digitiser interface utilises the ASCII protocol and features high resolution to 1 in 200,000, 7-point sensor linearisation and high speed to 100 readings/second.
PC-based calibration of the USB load cell interface is very easy to perform using the DSC-USB Toolkit software which is supplied free of charge. The strain gauge signal can be read directly from the sensor or input numerically using the mV/V sensitivity figures from the load cell calibration certificate. Other features includes linearization and temperature compensation.
The free Toolkit software also features a data logging function that allows the user to log data to a spreadsheet compatible CSV file at rated up to 100Hz.
Below you can download the DSCUSB Toolkit software which allows calibration and configuration of the the DSCUSB module along with monitoring and data logging. There is also a link to download the DSCLog24 which provides up to 24 channels of live monitoring and data logging.
If you require faster higher speed readings, try the new DSCUSB-FQ fast USB load cell interface, which delivers high speed readings of 4800 samples per second!
Instant Price & Part Code Builder
Customise this product using the dropdown menus and find the price*, lead time and ordering code below.
*Please note: The prices shown are valid in the UK only and do not include carriage charges. For overseas pricing please contact a member of our sales team or your local distributor.
Accurate S-Beam Load Cell Measures Cable Tension of Light Aircraft
In light aircraft the flight control system must have correctly adjusted cables to maintain correct rudder movement, smooth direction and precise level and control of flight. Calmet Laboratory Services used a DBBSM-1000kg s-beam load cell to check the accuracy of the aircraft tension meters when applying tension to a cable.
Interested in this product? Send us an enquiry...
- Suppliers of top quality strain gauge sensors and transducers to every corner of industry - UK and worldwide
- Over 100 years of expert transducer knowledge
- Our high quality products all come with a 3 year warranty
Strain Gauge Displacement Sensor | Linear Position Sensor | AML/SGD
0-5mm to 0-100mm
Universal Load Cell | Universal S-Beam Force Sensor | DBBSM
0-1kg up to 0-30,000kg