At a Glance
- Simple USB Connection
- No external power supply required
- ASCII Protocol
- High Speed: 4800 Samples/Second max.
- Free FSU Toolkit Software Included
- High Stability with 1 part in 8000 noise-free resolution
- Ultra-Fast Data Analysis – 4800 Samples per Second
- 13 Bit Resolution for Improved Accuracy
- Converts a Transducer Signal to a Digital Input Direct to Your PC
- Easy to Use – Simply Plug & Play
- Cost Saving – No Need for Additional Amplifiers
- Works With Any Full-Bridge Strain Gauge Sensor
- FREE Downloadable Software – Fast Data Capture at 4800Hz
The DSCUSB-FQ fast USB load cell interface is a fast USB load cell interface ideal for high speed, dynamic applications. It delivers high-speed readings of 4800 samples per second with a 13-bit noise-free resolution for improved accuracy.
The DSCUSB-FQ fast USB load cell interface converts a strain gauge transducer inputs into a digital USB Serial output. It plugs directly into your PC and requires no additional power supplies, as it derives all its power requirements directly from the USB bus. The unit connects to a strain gauge transducer with a 9-way ‘D’ type socket and connects to a PC via a micro USB socket. A DIN rail mounting option is also available.
The DSCUSB-FQ fast USB load cell interface is very compact and housed in a rugged plastic case rated to IP50 making it suitable for all indoor environments.
PC-based calibration of the DSCUSB-FQ fast strain gauge digitiser is very easy to perform using the FREE downloadable FSU toolkit software. The logging software allows the capture of up to 30 minutes of data at 4800Hz (4.8kHz). In addition, the user can switch between engineering units, view a trend chart and export the data to a spreadsheet compatible CSV file.
For lower speed applications, please see our DSCUSB load cell interface which delivers high-speed readings of 100 readings per second with a high resolution of 1 in 200,000, at a lower cost.
Published Sensor Application Articles
Below is a published sensor application paper that shows you how the DSCUSB-FQ fast USB load cell interface could be used in a specific application. See our published sensor application articles page for many more.
An experimental investigation of tsunami forces on coastal structures
Lloyd, TO; (2016) An experimental investigation of tsunami forces on coastal structures. Doctoral thesis, UCL (University College London). Available as open access.
Instant Price & Part Code Builder
Customise this product using the dropdown menus and find the price*, lead time and ordering code below.
*Please note: The prices shown are valid in the UK only and do not include carriage charges. For overseas pricing please contact a member of our sales team or your local distributor.
Why Applied Measurements?
- Suppliers of top quality strain gauge sensors and transducers to every corner of industry - UK and worldwide
- Over 100 years of expert transducer knowledge
- Our high quality products all come with a 3 year warranty