At a Glance
- Capacities: 0-100N up to 0-20kN
- Output: 2mV/V nominal (1.5mV/V on 0-100N)
- Environmental Protection: IP65
- Accuracy: <±0.5%/RC
- Integral Load Button
- Very Compact – At Ø30mm x 12mm height it easily fits into the smallest of spaces.
- Save on Installation Time – Ideal for retrofitting into existing designs.
- Optimum Performance Guaranteed – From its integral load button
- Let us do the hard work for you – The CDFM3 can be supplied with our wide range of instrumentation.
Applied Measurements CDFM3 miniature button load cell is designed for compression measurement applications where there is little space available for transducer mounting.
With capacities from 0-100N up to 0-20kN available in a load cell measuring just 30mm in diameter and 12mm in overall height, the CDFM3 is the second smallest button load cell that we offer. If you need load cell that is smaller still, the CDF miniature button load cell is available in capacities from 0-500N up to 0-2000N and measures 15mm diameter and 8mm in height.
The CDFM3 miniature button load cell is ideal for retro-fitment into industrial machines and process systems for monitoring and control purposes, or for incorporation into new machine designs.
Please contact our Applied Measurements expert sales team using the form in the sidebar to check price and availability on the sensor your require, or call us on +44 (0) 1189 817339
|Rated Capacity (RC)||N||0-100, 0-250, 0-500, 0-1000, 0-2000, 0-5000, 0-10k, 0-20k|
|Operating Modes||Compression Only|
|Sensitivity (RO)||mV/V||2 nominal (1.5 nominal on 100N)|
|Zero Balance/Offset||±%/Rated Output||<1.0|
|Repeatability||%/Rated Output||<0.2 typical|
|Temperature Effect on Zero||±%/Rated Output/ ˚C||<0.030|
|Temperature Effect on Sensitivity||±%/Applied Load/ ˚C||<0.005|
|Input Resistance||Ohms||375 typical|
|Output Resistance||Ohms||350 typical|
|Insulation Resistance||Megohms||>5000 @ 50Vdc|
|Excitation Voltage||Volts AC or DC||10 recommended (2-15 acceptable)|
|Operating Temperature Range||˚C||-20 to +80|
|Compensated Temperature Range||˚C||0 to +70|
|Storage Temperature Range||˚C||-20 to +80|
|Safe Overload||% of Rated Capacity||125|
|Ultimate Overload||% of Rated Capacity||150|
|Deflection @ Rated Capacity||0.07 (100N) to 0.02 (20kN) typical (depending on capacity)|
|Fundamental Resonant Frequency*||kHz||4 (100N) to 50 (20kN) *|
|IP Rating (Environmental Protection)||IP65|
|Weight||grams||50 (excluding cable)|
|Fatigue Life||108 cycles typical (109 cycles on fatigue-rated version)|
|Cable Length (as standard)||metres||2|
|Cable Type||4-core screened, PVC sheath via cable gland|
|Construction Material||Stainless Steel, Nickel-Plated Brass, NBR, PVC|
|Resolution||1 part in 250,000 (with appropriate instrumentation)|
|*The resonant frequency is calculated with the body of the load cell attached to a large plate, ensuring that only the sensing element oscillates: This is vital to achieve the highest natural frequency and subsequent frequency response.|
Product Dimensions (mm)
|Screen||To ground - not connected to load cell body|
Ordering Codes & Options
|Core Product||Capacity (inc Engineering Units)||Cable Length (m)||Specials Code||Example Result|
CAD Model Files
Our 3D models are provided in STEP format and can be viewed using FreeCAD. Other formats can be provided on request.
The .zip file below contains a separate model for each product variant.
Instant Price & Part Code Builder
You can now buy this product in our online shop. Alternatively, you can find the ordering code, price* and lead time below.
- Lead Time
- Part Code
*Please note: The prices shown are valid in the UK only and do not include carriage charges. For overseas pricing please contact a member of our sales team or your local distributor.
Why Applied Measurements?
- Suppliers of top quality strain gauge sensors and transducers to every corner of industry - UK and worldwide
- Over 100 years of expert transducer knowledge
- Our high quality products all come with a 3 year warranty
- Platform Load Cell | Single Point Load Cell | 0-250g to 0-40kg | OBUG0-250g to 0-40kgFrom £123
- Universal Load Cell | Universal S-Beam Force Sensor | DBBSM0-1kg up to 0-30,000kgFrom £244Buy Online
- Handheld Load Cell Indicator | Digital Display | TR150From £296Buy Online
- Strain Gauge Displacement Sensor | Linear Position Sensor | AML/SGD0-5mm to 0-100mmFrom £409Buy Online