At a Glance
- Load Cell Capacities: 0-5kN up to 0-1000kN
- Load Cell Output: 2mV/V
- High Accuracy Load Cell: <±0.05%/RC
- 7-Digit LCD Display (±9999999)
- 2 Ranges / Engineering Units
- Optional RS232 Serial Data Output
- Integrated TEDS (IEEE1451, Template 33)
- IP65 Environmental Protection
- DSCC Compression Load Cell + TR150 Digital Readout
- Supplied Calibrated & Ready to Use
- IP65 Dust-Tight and Splash-Proof Protection
- 7 Digit LCD Display for High Accuracy Applications
- Calibration in 2 Separate Engineering Units Possible
- Peak-Capture Capability @ 25Hz Sampling Rate
- Load Cell Customisation Available Including: Fatigue-Rated Versions, IP67 Rated Versions, IP68 Submersible Versions
Capacities 5kN to 200kN are available ex-stock so you can have a compression load cell with digital readout system in 7 – 10 working days!
Applied Measurements DSCC compression load cell with digital readout is a complete, on-site, handheld, compression measuring system. It is supplied ready calibrated to UKAS traceable standards with a 7 digit LCD high accuracy display, enabling you fast, portable, compression monitoring.
Thanks to the DSCC load cell’s low profile design and the compact size of the TR150 handheld digital readout, the compression load cell with digital readout system is ideal to use where space is limited.
The compression load cell with digital readout system comes with an IP65 dust-tight and splash-proof protection making it suitable for most industrial environments.
This complete system can measure both tension and compression and in both weighing and force measurement applications. However, if you would prefer an s-type tension and compression load cell instead, see our S-type load cell with display.
Thanks to Applied Measurements DSCC compression load cell’s stainless steel construction and high-frequency response, it is an ideal system for dynamic force and load measurement applications such as crash test walls. Plus, the DSCC compression load cell has a dual-diaphragm design and central threaded through-hole so bending, off-axis, side-load/shear loads and torsion errors are kept to a minimum.
The TR150 handheld 7 digits LCD digital readout is high resolution and protected to IP65 dust-tight, splashproof rating. It features peak & trough capture, display update rates up to 25Hz, display hold/freeze, shunt calibration and optionally an RS232 serial data output. Its integrated TEDS (Transducer Electronic Data Sheet) functionality delivers faster calibration options with the integrated TEDS chip.
The DSCC compression load cell can be completely customised with alternative threads, custom dimensions, counter-bored mounting holes, protection ratings of IP67 and IP68 submersible and higher capacities in excess of 5000kN possible.
Need a different compression load cell? See our full range of compression load cells, all of which are compatible with the TR150 handheld digital readout.
Flexible Calibration Options
The compression load cell with digital readout comes with a variety of calibration options to suit your application.
Calibration options include:
- Single direction i.e. compression or tension only
- Bi-directional for tension and compression measuring
- 2 separate engineering units i.e. Newtons or kg
- 2 separate channels, in 2 different directions
- UKAS traceable as standard
- Full UKAS calibration
To eliminate symmetry error the TR150 can be calibrated in different directions on the 2 separate channels one in compression and one in tension which will eliminate symmetry error and increase the accuracy.
Its dual-range capability means it can be calibrated in 2 separate engineering units (i.e. Newtons and kg) or it can be calibrated to 2 separate load cells.
We can also supply the DSCC pancake load cell with a BS EN ISO 376 calibration certificate for use as a reference standard.
When a full UKAS certification is required, this is provided through our association with the appropriate UKAS-accredited laboratories including the National Physical Laboratory (NPL) in London.
To get the best possible performance from your load cell we can supply optional rod end bearings and load buttons, please speak to technical sales.
Load buttons and rod-end bearings are designed to align forces through the centre axis of the load cell, thus reducing the effects of extraneous forces and improving the load cell’s overall performance.
- Load buttons are used where compressive forces are applied.
- Rod end bearings are used where tensile forces are being applied.
Technical SpecificationsDSCC Dimensions
|Core Product Ref|
0-5, 0-10, 0-25, 0-50
M20 x 2.5
0-100, 0-200, 0-250
M36 x 2
0-300, 0-500, 0-750, 0-1000
M64 x 6
0-250, 0-300, 0-500
M56 x 4
All dimensions are in mm
For load button and rod end dimensions please see the DSCC datasheet.
CAD Model Files
Our 3D models are provided in STEP format and can be viewed using FreeCAD. Other formats can be provided on request.
The .zip file below contains a separate model for each product variant.
Why Applied Measurements?
- Suppliers of top quality strain gauge sensors and transducers to every corner of industry - UK and worldwide
- Over 100 years of expert transducer knowledge
- Our high quality products all come with a 3 year warranty