At a Glance
- Capacities: 0-50kg up to 0-5,000kg
- Output: 2mV/V
- Environmental Protection: IP67/IP68
- Accuracy: <±0.03%/RC
- Simple To Install
- Optional ATEX Certification on DBBW model to EEx ia IIC T6
- Guaranteed High Performance – With dual bending beam and shear web designs.
- Immersion Protected as Standard – For outdoor or harsh industrial environments.
- Fully Submersible Versions Available – Ideal for permanent marine and offshore applications.
- Improved Accuracy – Specially designed rod end bearings which reduce extraneous forces.
- Fast and Simple Installation – With standard or customised mounting bases and design fixtures.
The DBB Z-beam load cell / S-beam load cell is suitable for use in tension or compression. The design lends itself to both force and load measurement applications such as those found on tensile testing machines, suspended hoppers and geotechnical test equipment, as well as a wide range of other general purpose applications.
The sensing principle employed on the Z-Beam load cell varies, with a dual bending beam design on the DBBE model which covers capacities from 50kg up to 500kg and a shear web design on the DBBW model which cover ranges from 0-500kg to 0-5000kg. Both sensing principles offer inherently high accuracy and enable us to guarantee performance of better than ±0.03% of rated capacity.
If you require a Z-Beam load cell with capacities of less than 50kg or greater than 5,000kg, our DBBSM series of S-Beam load cells covers load ranges from 0-1kg (10N) up to 0-30,000kg (300kN). Meanwhile, if you need to fit into a restricted space, our DBBSMM range of miniature S-Beam load cells will fit the bill.
0-50 to 0-1000
M12 x 1.75
M12 x 1.75
M16 x 2.0
M16 x 2.0
M24 x 2.0
Accurate S-Beam Load Cell Measures Cable Tension of Light Aircraft
In light aircraft the flight control system must have correctly adjusted cables to maintain correct rudder movement, smooth direction and precise level and control of flight. Calmet Laboratory Services used a DBBSM-1000kg s-beam load cell to check the accuracy of the aircraft tension meters when applying tension to a cable.
Force Measurement Determines The Effect of Girth Tension on Horse Gait
Using electrical systems for the measurement of mechanical forces is by no means limited to machines and laboratory based applications. In her recently completed research thesis ‘Girth Tensions and their Effects on Equine Stride Characteristics’, Sue Wright of Moulton College Northampton used load cells, motion sensors and GPS amongst other technologies to measure and record the tension within the girth strap used to hold the saddle in place.
Interested in this product? Send us an enquiry...
- Suppliers of top quality strain gauge sensors and transducers to every corner of industry - UK and worldwide
- Over 100 years of expert transducer knowledge
- Our high quality products all come with a 3 year warranty
Strain Gauge Displacement Sensor | Linear Position Sensor | AML/SGD
0-5mm to 0-100mm
Pancake Load Cell | Low Profile Force Sensor | DSCC
0-5kN up to 0-1000kN
Universal Load Cell | Universal S-Beam Force Sensor | DBBSM
0-1kg up to 0-30,000kg