At a Glance
- 22mm Diameter
- Ranges: 0-1 mH2O up to 0-100 mH2O
- Accuracy: 0.25 % / 0.35% FSO
- Outputs: 2-wire 4-20mA (others on request)
- Environmental Protection: IP68 Fully Submersible
- IS and Ex ia Versions
- Optional Temperature Element Pt 100
- Slimline Only 22mm Diameter
- Ideal for 1″ Pipes
- Shipping Approvals Inc. LR-Certificate, DNV GL, ABS & CCS
- Suitable for Ballast & Storage Tanks
- For Use in Drinking Water Abstraction & Desalinization Plants
- Fully Submersible for Long-Term Immersion
- High Overload Resistance
- IS and Ex ia Intrinsically Safe Versions Optional
- Optional Titanium Housing Construction
The LMK487 slim ballast tank level sensor is only 22mm in diameter making it ideal to install in 1″ diameter pipes. This ballast level sensor comes with shipbuilding industry recognised certification, including LR-certificate (Lloyd´s Register), DNV GL Approval ( (Det Norske Veritas ▪ Germanischer Lloyd), ABS-certificate (American Bureau of Shipping) and CCS-certificate (China Classification Society). Thanks to these recognised certifications and its small Ø22mm, it is ideal for level measurement in 1″ pipes in ballast and storage tanks. It is designed specifically for use in water, drinking water abstraction and desalinization plants.
The LMK487 slim ballast tank level sensor and is constructed of high-quality stainless steel offering good long term stability. Other housing materials include CuNi10Fe1Mn to give good resistant against seawater. Plus, you can choose a high-temperature option which allows the level sensor to be used in temperatures of up to +125°C (standard +85°C).
IS-versions and Ex ia = intrinsically safe for gas and dust versions are available to measure pressure in extreme environments.
Need a higher measuring range with shipping approvals? Try our LMK458 ballast tank level sensor which comes with shipping approvals, is Ø39.5mm and measures from 0-40 mH2O up to 0-200 mH2O.
Have a look at our other shipbuilding certified pressure transducers including the DMK457 Ceramic Shipbuilding Offshore Pressure Transducer which measures 0-400mbar up to 0-600bar and DMP457 Stainless Steel Shipbuilding Offshore Pressure Transducer measuring from 0-100mbar up to 0-600bar.
Why Applied Measurements?
- Suppliers of top quality strain gauge sensors and transducers to every corner of industry - UK and worldwide
- Over 100 years of expert transducer knowledge
- Our high quality products all come with a 3 year warranty