At a Glance
- Load Cell Capacities: 0-1kg up to 0-30,000kg
- Load Cell Output: 2mV/V to 2.7mV/V
- High Accuracy Load Cell: <±0.03%/RC
- Simple USB Connection
- ASCII Protocol
- High Speed: 100 Readings/Second max.
- High Stability Interface
- DBBSM S-Beam Load Cell + DSCUSB USB Interface
- Supplied Calibrated & Ready to Use
- Converts the Load Cell’s Signal to a Digital Input Direct to Your PC
- Fast Data Analysis – With Direct USB Connection
- View the Results Instantly with the FREE Downloadable Software
- Load Cell Customisation Available
- High Stability with 1 part in 200,000 Resolution
Capacities up to 5000kg are in stock so you can have an s-beam load cell USB interface in 7 – 10 working days!
The DBBSM s-beam load cell with USB interface is a complete, on-site, USB, tension and compression measuring system. It is supplied ready calibrated to UKAS traceable standards with a DSCUSB USB interface, enabling you fast, plug and play data analysis.
Thanks to the DBBSM s-beam load cell’s high accuracy of <±0.03% and the DSCUSB USB interface’s high-speed readings of up to 100 per second, this s-beam load cell USB interface system is ideal for high accuracy force and load measuring in tension and compression applications such as tensile testing machines, suspended hoppers and geotechnical test equipment.
The s-beam load cell itself has a dual bending beam sensing design on capacities up to 1000kg and a shear web sensing design for capacities 2500kg and up, offering excellent accuracy at a specification of less than ±0.03% of rated capacity of better. Plus, to further ensure optimum performance, rod end bearings and load buttons are available to give you the best loading conditions for your application.
The DSCUSB USB interface converts the s-beam load cell’s signal into a digital USB serial output which plugs directly into your PC’s USB port. It requires no additional power supply as it receives all the power it needs from the USB bus. It uses the ASCII Protocol, has a high speed of up to 100 readings per second and a high resolution to 1 part in 200,000.
To complement the s-beam load cell USB interface system is a FREE toolkit software enabling PC-based calibration allowing the direct reading of the s-beam load cell’s strain gauge signal or to be input numerically using the mV/V sensitivity figures from the load cell’s calibration certificate. In addition, temperature compensation and linearisation can be set.
The FREE toolkit software that comes with the load cell USB interface system also allows data logging to a spreadsheet which is compatible with CSV files at rated up to 100Hz.
If you require higher speed readings, we can provide this s-beam load cell USB interface system with the DSCUSB-FQ fast USB load cell interface instead, which delivers high-speed readings of 4800 samples per second!
Flexible Calibration Options
The s-beam load cell USB interface comes with a variety of calibration options to suit your application.
Calibration options include:
- Single direction i.e. compression or tension only
- Bi-directional for tension and compression measuring
- UKAS traceable as standard
- Full UKAS calibration
If you require a full UKAS certification, this is provided through our association with the appropriate UKAS-accredited laboratories including the National Physical Laboratory (NPL) in London.
DBBSM S Type Load Cell Dimensions
1, 2, 5, 10, 25
M8 x 1.25
50, 100, 250
M8 x 1.25
M12 x 1.75
M16 x 2.0
M30 x 2.0
M45 x 3.0
Note: Capacities of 10,000kg and up
have rounded shoulders
DSCUSB USB Load Cell Interface
Please contact our expert sales team using the form in the sidebar or call us on +44 (0) 1189 817339.
To get the best possible performance from your load cell we can supply rod end bearings and load buttons.
Load buttons and rod-end bearings are designed to align forces through the centre axis of the load cell, thus reducing the effects of extraneous forces and improving the load cell’s overall performance.
- Load buttons are used where compressive forces are applied.
- Rod end bearings are used where tensile forces are being applied.
For rod end and load button dimensions please see the DBBSM datasheet.
CAD Model Files
Our 3D models are provided in STEP format and can be viewed using FreeCAD. Other formats can be provided on request.
The .zip file below contains a separate model for each product variant.
Interested in this product? Send us an enquiry...
Why Applied Measurements?
- Suppliers of top quality strain gauge sensors and transducers to every corner of industry - UK and worldwide
- Over 100 years of expert transducer knowledge
- Our high quality products all come with a 3 year warranty
Strain Gauge Displacement Sensor | Linear Position Sensor | AML/SGD
0-5mm to 0-100mm