At a Glance
- Ranges: 0-0.25mbar up to 0-1000mbar
- Outputs: 4-20mA
- Line / Common Mode Pressure: 2bar max. (range dependent)
- Accuracy: <±0.25%/FS
- Optional ATEX Intrinsically Safe Version (5mbar and above only)
- Ideal For Dry/Dry Measurements at Very Low Pressures
- Save Time With User Span and Zero Adjustments – No need to send in your pressure sensor for minor adjustments.
- ATEX Certified Explosive Atmosphere Versions Available
- Ideal for HVAC, Clean-Room and Flow Measurement Applications
- Fully Temperature Compensated for Higher Stability at Low Pressures
The PR3202 low differential pressure sensor is designed to measure dry, air and non-corrosive gases across range of general purpose and industrial applications such as HVAC, clean room monitoring and flow measurement applications.
The PR3202 low differential pressure transmitter utilises a highly stable sensing element, allowing its 4-20mA output to be factory-scaled over measuring ranges as small as 0-0.25mbar (0-25 Pascals). They are also fully temperature-compensated for unrivalled stability at very low pressure.
In addition to air differential pressure, the PR3202 can also measure gauge and vacuum/suction pressure, it can also operate bi-directionally giving the ability to measure compound differential air pressure ranges that range from vacuum to positive pressure.
The process connection on the PR3202 air differential pressure sensor is made via hose fittings which cater for common mode/line pressures of up to 10bar.
|Input Pressure Range|
|Nominal Pressure Range||mbar||5||10||20||30||50||80||100||250||500||1000|
|Max Common Mode Pressure / Static Line Pressure||mbar||375||375||2000||2000||2000||2000||2000||2000||2000||2000|
|Output signal & supply voltage||Number of Wires||Output||Supply Voltage||Supply Current|
|PR3202||2 – wire||4 - 20mA||13 - 36Vdc||n/a|
|PR3202X (ATEX version)||2 - wire||4 - 20mA||13 - 28Vdc||n/a|
|PR3202V5||3 - wire||0 - 5Vdc||13 - 30Vdc||13mA|
|PR3202V10||3 - wire||0 - 10Vdc||13 - 30Vdc||13mA|
|Accuracy (non-linearity, hysteresis, repeatability)||% Full Scale Output||<±0.30 (BFSL)|
|Zero Offset and Span Tolerance||% Span||±1|
|Zero Offset and Span Adjustment||% Full Scale Output||±5 with easy access trimming potentiometer|
|Media Temperature||˚C||-20 to +70|
|Ambient Temperature||˚C||-20 to +70|
|Storage Temperature||˚C||+5 to +40|
|Thermal Zero Shift (TZS)||% / Full Scale / ˚C||<±0.04|
|Thermal Span Shift (TSS)||% / Full Scale / ˚C||<±0.04|
|Reverse Polarity Protection||Protected against supply voltage reversal up to 50Vdc|
|Media Compatibility||Dry non-corrosive gas only|
|Weight||Grams||280 for standard unit|
|Insulation Resistance||Megohm @ 50 Vdc||>100|
|Electrical Connection:||Screw terminals for conductor sizes 0.2-2.0mm2 are located beneath the enclosure lid. Cable entry is through an IP66 cable gland with compression seal for cable sizes 4-8mm. Optional M20 conduit fitting available.|
|Pressure Connection:||4mm I.D. hose (others on request)|
|Response Time (10% - 90%)||ms||≤10|
|Load Driving Capability||4 - 20mA version||Supply voltage - 10V / 0.02A (i.e. 36V - 10V / 0.02A = 1300Ω|
|0 - 5V / 0 - 10V versions||>5kΩ / >10kΩ|
|Long Term Stability||% / Full Scale||< 0.2 / 6 months|
|Operational Life||Pressure Cycles||> 108 typical|
|ATEX Approval (4-20mA versions only)||Ex II 1 G Ex ia IIC T4 Ga (zone 0)|
|Ex II 1 D Ex ia IIIC T135°C Da (zone 20)|
|EX I M 1 Ex ia I Ma (group I M1)|
|Pin No.||2 Wire |
(4 - 20mA)
(0 - 5Vdc / 0 - 10Vdc)
|1||+ve supply||-ve supply / 0V common|
|2||4 - 20mA signal||+ve supply|
Ordering Codes & Options
|PR3202X-1000mbar-AA-00-000 (example code)||PR3202||X||-||1000mbar||-||A||A||-||00||-||000|
|Blank = 4-20mA (2-wire)||Blank|
|X = 4-20mA ATEX Certified (2-wire)||X|
|V5 = 0-5Vdc (3-wire)||V5|
|V10 = 0-10Vdc (3-wire)||V10|
|Blank = Cable Gland (suits 4-8mm diameter|
|1000mbar = 0 to 1000mbar differential||-||1000mbar|
|10psi = 0 to 10psi differential||-||10psi|
|M500P500mbar = -500 to +500mbar differential||-||M500P500mbar|
|A = Male Hose Barb Fittings (suit 4mm ID hose)||-||A|
|B = 1/4” BSP Male Threaded Connection||-||B|
|A = Standard||A|
|B = Aluminium||B|
|00 = None||-||00|
|01 = 1 metre||-||01|
|000 = No Special Requirements||-||000|
Published Sensor Application Articles
Below is a published sensor application paper that shows you how the low differential pressure sensor could be used in a specific application. See our published sensor application articles page for many more.
By Wahida Azouz, Philip Chetcuti, Harold Hosker, Dinesh Saralaya and Henry Chrystyn. BMC Pulmonary Medicine 2015 15:47. Available under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International license.
CAD Model Files
Our 3D models are provided in STEP format and can be viewed using FreeCAD. Other formats can be provided on request.
The .zip file below contains a separate model for each product variant.
Why Applied Measurements?
- Suppliers of top quality strain gauge sensors and transducers to every corner of industry - UK and worldwide
- Over 100 years of expert transducer knowledge
- Our high quality products all come with a 3 year warranty
- Platform Load Cell | Single Point Load Cell | 0-250g to 0-40kg | OBUG0-250g to 0-40kgFrom £123
- Universal Load Cell | Universal S-Beam Force Sensor | DBBSM0-1kg up to 0-30,000kgFrom £244Buy Online
- Handheld Load Cell Indicator | Digital Display | TR150From £296Buy Online
- Strain Gauge Displacement Sensor | Linear Position Sensor | AML/SGD0-5mm to 0-100mmFrom £409Buy Online