At a Glance
- Capacities: 0-10N up to 0-250N
- Ø9mm and 2.9mm Height
- Environmental Protection: IP53
- Accuracy: <±0.25%/RC
- Integral Load Button
- Very Compact – At Ø9mm x 2.9mm height it easily fits into the smallest of spaces.
- Save on Installation Time – Ideal for retrofitting into existing designs.
- Optimum Performance Guaranteed – With its integral load button.
- Ideal for Compression Measurement with Limited Space.
Applied Measurements CDFT micro button load cell is designed for compression measurement applications where the absolute minimum of space is available for transducer mounting.
With capacities from 10N to 250N available and measuring just 9mm in diameter and 2.9mm in height, the CDFT is the smallest standard button load cell that we offer. If you need to measure lower or higher forces, the CDFM3 miniature button load cell is available in capacities from 0-100N right up 0-20kN and is slightly larger at 30mm diameter and 12mm in height.
Applied Measurements CDFT micro button load cell is ideal for retro-fitment and is ideal to use in robotics and effectors, hoist and winch loads, micro-component assembly tools and machinery, keyboard button and telephone control and mechanical switches.
We can supply the CDFT micro button load cell with a wide range of transducer instrumentation such as digital indicators, intuitive panel meters, handheld digital readouts and wireless telemetry systems.
|Rated Capacity||N||0-10, 0-25, 0-50, 0-100, 0-200, 0-250|
|Operating Modes||Compression Only|
|Sensitivity (RO)||mV/V (nominal)||10N = 0.4
25N = 0.5
50N = 1.0
100N = 2.0
200N = 2.0
250N = 2.0
|Zero Balance/Offset||±%/Rated Output||<1.0|
|Temperature Effect on Zero||±%/Rated Output/ ˚C||<0.01|
|Temperature Effect on Sensitivity||±%/Applied Load/ ˚C||<0.02|
|Input Resistance||Ohms||1000 nominal|
|Output Resistance||Ohms||1000 nominal|
|Insulation Resistance||Megohms||>5000 @ 50Vdc|
|Excitation Voltage||Volts AC or DC||5 recommended (2-10 acceptable)|
|Operating Temperature Range||˚C||-40 to +125 (cell only)|
|Compensated Temperature Range||˚C||0 to +100|
|Storage Temperature Range||˚C||-40 to +125|
|Safe Overload||% of Rated Capacity||150|
|Ultimate Overload||% of Rated Capacity||300|
|Deflection @ Rated Capacity||mm||<0.02|
|Fundamental Resonant Frequency*||kHz||>4|
|IP Rating (Environmental Protection)||IP53|
|Weight||grams||~2 (excluding cable)|
|Fatigue Life||108 cycles typical (109 cycles on fatigue-rated version)|
|Cable Length (as standard)||metres||2 (1.5m to compensation module + 0.5m tail)|
|Cable Type||Ø1.35 screened PTFE from cell, Ø3.3 screened PVC from
|Construction Materials||Stainless Steel|
|Resolution||1 part in 250,000 (with appropriate instrumentation)|
|*The resonant frequency is calculated with the body of the load cell attached to a large plate, ensuring that only the sensing element oscillates.
This is vital to achieve the highest natural frequency and subsequent frequency response.
|Screen||To ground - not connected to load cell body|
Ordering Codes & Options
|Core Product||Capacity (inc Engineering Units)||Cable Length (m)||Specials Code||Example Result|
CAD Model Files
Our 3D models are provided in STEP format and can be viewed using FreeCAD. Other formats can be provided on request.
The .zip file below contains a separate model for each product variant.
Why Applied Measurements?
- Suppliers of top quality strain gauge sensors and transducers to every corner of industry - UK and worldwide
- Over 100 years of expert transducer knowledge
- Our high quality products all come with a 3 year warranty
- Platform Load Cell | Single Point Load Cell | 0-250g to 0-40kg | OBUG0-250g to 0-40kgFrom £123
- Universal Load Cell | Universal S-Beam Force Sensor | DBBSM0-1kg up to 0-30,000kgFrom £244Buy Online
- Handheld Load Cell Indicator | Digital Display | TR150From £296Buy Online
- Strain Gauge Displacement Sensor | Linear Position Sensor | AML/SGD0-5mm to 0-100mmFrom £409Buy Online