At a Glance
- Load Cell Capacities: 0-5kN up to 0-1000kN
- Load Cell Output: 2mV/V
- High Accuracy Load Cell: <±0.05%/RC
- SGA Output: 0-5Vdc, 0-10Vdc, 4-20mA, 0-20mA, ±5Vdc or ±10Vdc
- High Speed: Bandwidth 6kHz max.
- Supplied Calibrated & Ready to Use
- DSCC Compression Load Cell + SGA Strain Gauge Amplifier
- High-Frequency Response – Ideal for Crash Test Walls
- Load Cell Customisation Available
- Sensor Options Include: Fatigue-Rated Versions, IP67 Rated Versions, IP68 Submersible Versions
The DSCC compression load cell with amplifier gives you high stability, high speed, conditioned analogue output for your strain gauge compression measuring. The SGA strain gauge amplifier is supplied fully-wired and UKAS traceable calibrated with the DSCC compression load cell.
The SGA strain gauge amplifier converts the DSCC load cell’s low-level input signal into a stable, high-level industry-standard process signal which can be selected from 0-5Vdc, 0-10Vdc, 4-20mA, 0-20mA, ±5Vdc or ±10Vdc.
The DSCC pancake load cell has an IP65 dust-tight and splashproof protection as standard but can be increased to IP67 to match the SGA strain gauge amplifier’s existing IP67 protection for harsher environments.
Thanks to the DSCC compression load cell’s high-frequency response and the strain gauge amplifier’s high speed, this compression load cell with amplifier is an ideal system for dynamic force and load measurement applications such as crash test walls. Plus, the DSCC can be used in both tension and compression and can be supplied with rod ends and load buttons if required.
The DSCC compression load cell utilises a symmetrical shear sensing design and central threaded through-hole mean that bending, off-axis, side-load/shear load and torsion-induced errors are kept to a minimum.
The DSCC compression load cell can be completely customised with alternative threads, custom dimensions, counter-bored mounting holes, protection ratings of IP67 and IP68 submersible and higher capacities in excess of 5000kN possible.
Need a higher capacity compression load cell? See our high accuracy column compression load cell or any other of our strain gauge load cells of your choice, all of which are compatible with the SGA strain gauge amplifier.
Flexible Calibration Options
The compression load cell with amplifier comes with a variety of calibration options to suit your application.
Calibration options include:
- Single direction i.e. compression or tension only (UKAS traceable)
- Bi-directional for tension and compression measuring (UKAS traceable)
- Full UKAS calibration
We can also supply the DSCC pancake load cell with a BS EN ISO 376 calibration certificate for use as a reference standard.
When a full UKAS certification is required, this is provided through our association with the appropriate UKAS-accredited laboratories including the National Physical Laboratory (NPL) in London.
Product Dimensions (mm)
DSCC Pancake Load Cell
5, 10, 25, 50
M20 x 2.5
100, 200, 250
M36 x 2
300, 500, 1000
M64 x 6
SGA Strain Gauge Amplifier
To get the best possible performance from your load cell we can supply rod end bearings and load buttons.
Load buttons and rod-end bearings are designed to align forces through the centre axis of the load cell, thus reducing the effects of extraneous forces and improving the load cell’s overall performance.
- Load buttons are used where compressive forces are applied.
- Rod end bearings are used where tensile forces are being applied.
For load button and rod end bearing dimensions please see the DSCC datasheet
Please contact our expert sales team using the form in the sidebar or call us on +44 (0) 1189 817339.
CAD Model Files
Our 3D models are provided in STEP format and can be viewed using FreeCAD. Other formats can be provided on request.
The .zip file below contains a separate model for each product variant.
Interested in this product? Send us an enquiry...
Why Applied Measurements?
- Suppliers of top quality strain gauge sensors and transducers to every corner of industry - UK and worldwide
- Over 100 years of expert transducer knowledge
- Our high quality products all come with a 3 year warranty
Strain Gauge Displacement Sensor | Linear Position Sensor | AML/SGD
0-5mm to 0-100mm