At a Glance
- 2.4GHz Operating Frequency (Licence Free)
- Range: up to 600m (internal antenna) / up to 800m (external antenna)
- Strain Gauge Bridge Input
- Resolution up to 400,000 divisions
- Very Low Power Consumption
- Wireless Monitoring for your Load, Pressure, Torque or Strain Gauge Displacement Sensor
- Miniature PCB Ideal for OEM Integration
- Integration Within a Sensor or Separate Module to Suit Your Design
- High Speed Updates of 200 Per Second
- Simple Wireless Setup
- Fantastic Wireless Transmission Range – Up to 800 metres!
The T24-SA wireless strain gauge transmitter module enables high accuracy wireless measurement of signals from bridge-based transducers such as load cells, pressure sensors, torque transducers and strain gauge displacement sensors.
Transmission ranges of up to 600 metres are possible using the internal antenna, while the use of an external antenna increases transmission range up to 800 metres.
The T24-SA wireless strain gauge transmitter module requires a power supply of just 3Vdc to operate which is typically provided by 2x ‘AA’ batteries and provides a highly stable, high resolution signal that can be received by any of the T24 range of 2.4GHz telemetry instrumentation.
Output rates of up to 200 readings/second are possible at a noise-free resolution of 1 in 50,000, increasing to 1 in 400,000 at a reduced output rate of 1 reading/10 seconds.
The compact T24-SA module can be integrated into load cells and other sensors if sufficient space is available. Alternatively, it can be mounted into either the T24-ACM(2x ‘D’ size batteries) or T24-ACMi (2x ‘AA’ size batteries) battery-powered modules to complete your wireless sensor.
Please contact our expert sales team using the form in the sidebar, call us on +44 (0) 1189 817339, or send an email to [email protected] and we will be happy to assist you with your enquiry.
Software downloads to accompany the T24 modules are available below – a T24 base station is required to use the software and configure T24 modules. A brief description of what each piece of software does is as follows:
- T24 Toolkit – This is used to configure the settings on all T24 modules.
- T24Log100 – Offers up to 100 channels of simultaneous monitoring and data logging.
- T24 Quick View – Allows monitoring and logging of data from a single data provider.
How to measure grip strength of an eagle for BBC Natural World
Last year, we were asked to design a sensor to measure the grip strength of a golden eagle named Tilly, for the award-winning BBC documentary series, Natural World. Challenge - to find a load cell that could withstand the estimated grip strength of an eagle. As Tilly had been trained to catch and grip a tennis ball, the load cell needed to be small enough to fit inside a similar-sized measuring device yet withstand Tilly's tremendous grip strength. Thanks to their unique design, our DBBSMM miniature s-beam load cells were ideal for the job. Not only are they very compact but their s-shaped design offers superior side-load rejection and high accuracy.
Interested in this product? Send us an enquiry...
- Suppliers of top quality strain gauge sensors and transducers to every corner of industry - UK and worldwide
- Over 100 years of expert transducer knowledge
- Our high quality products all come with a 3 year warranty
Strain Gauge Displacement Sensor | Linear Position Sensor | AML/SGD
0-5mm to 0-100mm