At a Glance
- Capacities: 0-10Nm to 0-50kNm
- mV/V Strain Gauge Bridge Output
- Environmental Protection: IP65
- Accuracy: <±0.25%/Rated Capacity
- Custom Capacities to 200kNm+
- Ideal for Bolting Between Machinery to Measure Direct Torque
- Protected From Low Pressure Water Jets – Suitable for Most Industrial Environments
- Offshore and Marine Submersible Versions Available
- Fast and Simple Installation with its Integrated Connector
- Customised Shaft and Configuration Options to Suit Your Exact Application
The DTD-F series of static / reaction torque transducers have end flanges for bolting between machinery where a direct drive is required. Applications including the testing of automotive drives, aircraft actuator and industrial robots.
The DTD-F flange static torque transducer is constructed from Stainless Steel on capacities up to 10kNm while capacities from 20kNm upwards are constructed from Alloy Steel.
Installation and setup is made fast and simpler with its integral, robust connector.
The design of the DTD-F lends itself readily to customisation, allowing us to offer custom flange sizes and fixing configurations, as well as versions with sealing to IP68 for applications where operating conditions are particularly harsh or involve total submersion.
If you need a torque transducer without a flange end, please see our range of alternative static torque transducers.
|Rated Capacity (RC)||Nm||0-10, 0-20, 0-50, 0-100, 0-200, 0-300, 0-500, 0-1000, 0-2k, 0-3k, 0-5k, 0-10k, 0-20k, 0-30k, 0-50k|
|Operating Modes||Clockwise (CW)/Counter-Clockwise (CCW) / Clockwise (CW) & Counter-Clockwise (CCW)|
|Sensitivity (RO)||mV/V||10Nm = 0.6 / 20Nm = 0.7 / 50Nm = 1.0 / 100Nm to 50kNm = 1.5typ.|
|Zero Balance/Offset||±%/Rated Output||<1|
|Output Symmetry (CW vs. CCW)||±%/Rated Output||<0.25 typical|
|Non-Linearity||±%/Full Scale Output||<0.1 (<0.05 typical)|
|Hysteresis||±%/Full Scale Output||<0.1 (<0.05 typical)|
|Repeatability||±%/Full Scale Output||<0.02|
|Temperature Effect on Zero||±Full Scale Output/ ̊C||<0.010|
|Temperature Effect on Output||±/Reading/ ̊C||<0.010|
|Bridge Resistance||Ohms||700 nominal|
|Insulation Resistance||Megaohms||>5000 @ 50Vdc|
|Excitation Voltage||Volts AC or DC||10 recommended (2-15 acceptable)|
|Operating Temperature Range||̊C||0 to +80|
|Compensated Temperature Range||̊C||+20 to +60|
|Storage Temperature Range||̊C||0 to +80|
|Safe Overload||% of Rated Capacity||150|
|Ultimate Overload||% of Rated Capacity||300|
|IP Rating (Environmental Protection)||IP65|
|Weight||See dimensions table|
|Fatigue Rating||20 million fully reversed cycles|
|Cable Length (as standard)||metres||3|
|Cable Type||10Nm to 10kNm: M8 Binder connector with mating 3 metre cable assembly
20kNm to 50kNm: M12 Binder connector with mating 3 metre cable assembly
|Construction||17-4PH stainless steel + 303 stainless steel|
|Resolution||1 part in 250,000 (with appropriate instrumentation)|
|Capacity (Nm)||A||ØB||ØC||D||E||ØF||G||Weight kg
|0-10, 0-20, 0-50, 0-100||76||100||38.1||13||2||82.5||8.2||1.4|
|0-20k, 0-30k, 0-50k||180||278||110.1||50||4||235||24.5||56|
All dimensions are in mm.
|Green||+ve signal (clockwise)|
|Screen||To ground - not connected to sensor body|
Ordering Codes & Options
|Core Product||Capacity (inc Engineering Units)||Cable Length (m)||Specials Code||Result|
CAD Model Files
Our 3D models are provided in STEP format and can be viewed using FreeCAD. Other formats can be provided on request.
The .zip file below contains a separate model for each product variant.
Why Applied Measurements?
- Suppliers of top quality strain gauge sensors and transducers to every corner of industry - UK and worldwide
- Over 100 years of expert transducer knowledge
- Our high quality products all come with a 3 year warranty
- Platform Load Cell | Single Point Load Cell | 0-250g to 0-40kg | OBUG0-250g to 0-40kgFrom £123
- Universal Load Cell | Universal S-Beam Force Sensor | DBBSM0-1kg up to 0-30,000kgFrom £244Buy Online
- Handheld Load Cell Indicator | Digital Display | TR150From £296Buy Online
- Strain Gauge Displacement Sensor | Linear Position Sensor | AML/SGD0-5mm to 0-100mmFrom £409Buy Online