At a Glance
- Capacities: 0-1kN up to 0-100kN
- Output: 2mV/V
- Fully Submersible to 7000kPa
- Pressure Compensated Design
- High Accuracy: <±0.05%/RC
- Ideal for High-Pressure Triaxial Chambers
- IP68 Guaranteed for Water Pressures up to 7000kPa /70bar
- Ideal for Long-Term Testing Thanks to their Temperature Compensation & High Stability
- Pressure Compensating System Ensures Optimum Performance Under High Pressure.
- For Use in Both Water and Oil
This STALC3 submersible load cell is designed for use in fully submerged in water, at pressures up to 7000kPa. Primarily they are used in triaxial chambers and can be retro-fitted into existing triaxial chambers or installed into new ones. Triaxial chambers are pressurised chambers used for testing the shear strength of core samples taken from the earth. These provide a direct measurement of the axial compression load applied to the sample under test.
In addition, the STALC3 submersible load cell can be adapted for use in other applications where they will be submerged in fluids including water and oil.
Thanks to its pressure compensating system, incorporated within its design, there is no change in zero or sensitivity when the STALC3 load cell is subjected to external pressure changes. Plus, the STALC3 also features accurate temperature compensation, excellent accuracy and stability, which is essential for the type of long term testing applications in which they are used.
The standard 75mm diameter STALC3 submersible load cell is available in ranges from 0-1kN to 0-100kN, with ranges up to 250kN offered in the same design with a 120mm diameter body. The STALC3 can be used to measure tension if required; for capacities up to 5kN tension loads up to the cell’s rated capacity can be applied. For higher capacities, tension capacity is limited to 5kN.
Send us a quick enquiry using the form on the right or call us on +44 (0) 1189 817339, or send an email to [email protected] and we will be happy to assist you with your enquiry.
CAD Model Files
Our 3D models are provided in STEP format and can be viewed using FreeCAD. Other formats can be provided on request.
Interested in this product? Send us an enquiry...
- Suppliers of top quality strain gauge sensors and transducers to every corner of industry - UK and worldwide
- Over 100 years of expert transducer knowledge
- Our high quality products all come with a 3 year warranty
Strain Gauge Displacement Sensor | Linear Position Sensor | AML/SGD
0-5mm to 0-100mm
Universal Load Cell | Universal S-Beam Force Sensor | DBBSM
0-1kg up to 0-30,000kg