At a Glance
- Capacities: 0-1kN up to 0-100kN
- Output: 2mV/V
- Fully Submersible to 7000kPa
- Pressure Compensated Design
- High Accuracy: <±0.05%/RC
- IP68 Protection Rating
- Ideal for High-Pressure Triaxial Chambers
- IP68 Guaranteed for Water Pressures up to 7000kPa /70bar
- Ideal for Long-Term Testing Thanks to their Temperature Compensation & High Stability
- Pressure Compensating System Ensures Optimum Performance Under High Pressure.
- For Use in Both Water and Oil
Applied Measurements STALC3 submersible load cell is designed for use in fully submerged in water, at pressures up to 7000kPa. Primarily they are used in triaxial chambers and can be retrofitted into existing triaxial chambers or installed into new ones. Triaxial chambers are pressurised chambers used for testing the shear strength of core samples taken from the earth. These provide a direct measurement of the axial compression load applied to the sample under test. Read more about triaxial chambers on our triaxial testing page.
In addition, our STALC3 submersible load cell can be adapted for use in other applications where they will be submerged in fluids including water and oil.
Thanks to its pressure compensating system, incorporated within its design, there is no change in zero or sensitivity when the STALC3 load cell is subjected to external pressure changes. Plus, the STALC3 also features accurate temperature compensation, excellent accuracy and stability, which is essential for the type of long term testing applications in which they are used.
The standard 75mm diameter STALC3 submersible load cell is available in ranges from 0-1kN to 0-100kN. The STALC3 can also be used to measure tension if required; for rated capacities up to 5kN tension loads up to the cell’s rated capacity can be applied. For higher capacities of 10kN and upwards, tension rating is limited to 5kN as standard, however if you need to measure higher tensile forces we can manufacture customised versions on request.
|Rated Capacity (RC)||kN||0-1, 0-3, 0-5, 0-10, 0-25, 0-50, 0-100|
|Operating Modes||Tension / Compression / Tension & Compression*|
|Sensitivity (RO)||mV/V||2.0 nominal (1.4 nominal on 1kN)|
|Zero Balance/Offset||±%/Rated Output||<1|
|Output Symmetry (tension vs. compression)||±%/Rated Output||<0.5 typical|
|Temperature Effect on Zero||±%/Full Scale Output/ ˚C||<0.02|
|Temperature Effect on Sensitivity||±%/Full Scale Output/ ˚C||<0.01|
|Input Resistance||Ohms||750 nominal|
|Output Resistance||Ohms||700 nominal|
|Insulation Resistance||Megohms||>2000 (bridge to ground) & >1000 (shield to ground) @ 50Vdc|
|Excitation Voltage||Volts AC or DC||10 recommended (2-15 acceptable)|
|Operating Temperature Range||˚C||+5 to +50|
|Compensated Temperature Range||˚C||+10 to +50|
|Storage Temperature Range||˚C||-10 to +70|
|Safe Overload||% of Rated Capacity||150|
|Ultimate Overload||% of Rated Capacity||300|
|Deflection @ Rated Capacity||mm||<0.05|
|IP Rating (Environmental Protection)||IP68 to 7000kPa/70bar|
|Weight (excluding cable)||kg||0.85|
|Fatigue Life||108 cycles typical (109 cycles on fatigue-rated version)|
|Cable Length (as standard)||metre||3|
|Cable Type||4 core screened, PUR sheath, Ø4.6|
|Construction/Wetted Parts||Stainless Steel and Nitrile (NBR)|
|Resolution||1 part in 250,000 (with appropriate instrumentation)|
|Pressure Effect||%/Rated Output/100kPa||<0.005 typical|
|*Note: Load cells with a capacity of 1, 3 & 5kN can also be used in tension to their rated capacity.
Where rated capacity is 10kN or higher, the maximum allowable tension load is 5kN.
Product Dimensions (in mm)
|Green||+ve signal (compression)|
|Screen||To ground – not connected to load cell body|
Ordering Codes & Options
|Core Product||Capacity (inc Engineering Units)||Cable Length (m)||Specials Code||Example Result|
CAD Model Files
Our 3D models are provided in STEP format and can be viewed using FreeCAD. Other formats can be provided on request.
The .zip file below contains a separate model for each product variant.
Instant Price & Part Code Builder
You can now buy this product in our online shop. Alternatively, you can find the ordering code, price* and lead time below.
- Lead Time
- Part Code
*Please note: The prices shown are valid in the UK only and do not include carriage charges. For overseas pricing please contact a member of our sales team or your local distributor.
Why Applied Measurements?
- Suppliers of top quality strain gauge sensors and transducers to every corner of industry - UK and worldwide
- Over 100 years of expert transducer knowledge
- Our high quality products all come with a 3 year warranty
- Platform Load Cell | Single Point Load Cell | 0-250g to 0-40kg | OBUG0-250g to 0-40kgFrom £123
- Universal Load Cell | Universal S-Beam Force Sensor | DBBSM0-1kg up to 0-30,000kgFrom £244Buy Online
- Handheld Load Cell Indicator | Digital Display | TR150From £296Buy Online
- Strain Gauge Displacement Sensor | Linear Position Sensor | AML/SGD0-5mm to 0-100mmFrom £409Buy Online