At a Glance
- Capacities: 0-5kg up to 0-500kg
- Output: 2mV/V
- Environmental Protection: IP68
- High Accuracy: <±0.02%/RC
- Optional Vessel Mounts
- Ideal for Accurate Batch Hopper Weighing Applications
- Hermetically Sealed & Immersion Protected for Food Hygiene Environments
- Optimum Accuracy Guaranteed with Vessel Mounts
- Optimise Signal Integrity and Reduce Noise – With our Integrated Signal Conditioning Options
The OBBS bending beam load cell design is suitable for low capacity weighing applications such as batching hoppers where a highly accurate measurement system is required. They are also suitable for use in conveyor weighing applications.
The bending beam load cell’s high integrity hermetically sealed IP68 bellows and stainless steel construction means that it is ideal for use in process situations where regular washdowns are required to maintain hygiene standards.
A vessel mount is available to suit the OBBS bending beam load cell for static applications and is ideal for load cells in hopper and tank weighing applications.
If you have an existing installation that you would like to upgrade with higher capacity bending beam load cells, we have custom designs for capacities up to 1200kg in the same form factor. Please contact our technical sales team via the quick enquiry form, email us, or phone +44 (0) 1189 817339.
|Rated Capacity (RC)||kgf||0-5, 0-10, 0-20, 0-50, 0-100, 0-200, 0-250, 0-500|
|Operating Modes||Tension/Compression / Tension & Compression|
|Sensitivity (RO)||mV/V||2.0 ±0.1%|
|Zero Balance/Offset||±%/Rated Output||<2.0|
|Zero Return After 30 mins||±%/Applied Load||<0.025|
|Total Error||±%/Rated Output||<0.020|
|Temperature Effect on Zero||±%/Rated Load/ ˚C||<0.0010|
|Temperature Effect on Sensitivity||±%/Applied Load/ ˚C||<0.0012|
|Input Resistance||Ohms||380 ± 10|
|Output Resistance||Ohms||355 ± 5|
|Insulation Resistance||Megohms||>2000 @ 50Vdc|
|Excitation Voltage||Volts AC or DC||10 recommended (2-15 acceptable)|
|Operating Temperature Range||˚C||-20 to +70|
|Compensated Temperature Range||˚C||-10 to +40|
|Storage Temperature Range||˚C||-20 to +70|
|Safe Overload||% of Rated Capacity||150|
|Ultimate Overload||% of Rated Capacity||300|
|Deflection @ Rated Capacity||mm||<0.4|
|IP Rating (Environmental Protection)||IP68|
|Weight (excluding cable)||kg||0.35|
|Cable Length (as standard)||3 metres|
|Cable Type||6-Core Screened, PUR sheath|
|Construction Material||Stainless Steel|
Product Dimensions (mm)
Ordering Codes & Options
|Core Product||Capacity (inc Engineering Units)||Cable Length (m)||Specials Code||Example Result|
Vessel Mount for OBBS Load Cells
- Prevent unwanted forces from affecting load cell performance.
- Ideal for load cells in hopper and tank weighing applications.
- Integrated lift-off and overload protection.
- Load introduction by ball and socket joint.
The Vessel Mount assembly for both the OBBS Series of load cells is low profile and simple to install and design into new or existing installations. The mounts can be installed with or without the load cells in position. Plant downtime is reduced to an absolute minimum and the risk of damage to the load cell is eliminated during installation.
Thanks to its integrated jacking device, load cell replacement requires minimum lifting height.
All modules within a scale are identical and can be freely oriented in any direction. It incorporates an integrated check link to eliminate oscillations caused by slow-moving agitators etc.
CAD Model Files
Our 3D models are provided in STEP format and can be viewed using FreeCAD. Other formats can be provided on request.
The .zip file below contains a separate model for each product variant.
Why Applied Measurements?
- Suppliers of top quality strain gauge sensors and transducers to every corner of industry - UK and worldwide
- Over 100 years of expert transducer knowledge
- Our high quality products all come with a 3 year warranty
- Platform Load Cell | Single Point Load Cell | 0-250g to 0-40kg | OBUG0-250g to 0-40kgFrom £123
- Universal Load Cell | Universal S-Beam Force Sensor | DBBSM0-1kg up to 0-30,000kgFrom £244Buy Online
- Handheld Load Cell Indicator | Digital Display | TR150From £296Buy Online
- Strain Gauge Displacement Sensor | Linear Position Sensor | AML/SGD0-5mm to 0-100mmFrom £409Buy Online