At a Glance
- Individual Sensor Gain Adjustment
- 6-wire Connection (AMLJBA > Instrument)
- Robust IP65-rated ABS Enclosure
- IP67-rated Cable Glands
- Balance & Sum the Signals of up to 4 Load Cells
- Ideal for Multi Load Cell Applications
- Fast & Simple Installation with Screw Connection Terminals
- Suitable for Harsh Environments – Total Dust & Low Pressure Water Jet Protected
The AMLJBA is an active load cell junction box designed to enable up to four strain gauge based transducers to be connected and their signals balanced and summed.
The AMLJBA active junction box is ideal for multiple load cell applications where it is important that the millivolt signals from each of the load cells is very closely matched. Typical applications include, weighing platforms, weighbridges and vessel weighing systems.
To enable swift and secure connection of the load cells a series of screw terminals are mounted on the internal circuit board of the junction box. Also mounted on the same board is a DIL switch to set the number of load cells being used and fine adjustment potentiometers to match the load cell sensitivities.
The active load cell junction box PCB is housed in a robust polycarbonate enclosure with glanded entry for the load cell cables, making the AMLJBA suitable for use in harsh environments requiring a sealing rating up to IP65.
For applications where the only interconnection is required, the passive AMLJBNA load cell junction box offers a lower-cost option.
|Input||Up to 20mV/V|
|Channel Gain||X 1 to x 0.25 to allow for 1-4 load cells, DIL switch selectable with potentiometer for fine trim|
|Dimensions||200 x 120 x 75mm ABS|
|Number of Strain Gauges|
|1||ON||ON||OFF||OFF||OFF||OFF||OFF||OFF||x 1 – 0.5|
|2||OFF||ON||OFF||ON||OFF||OFF||OFF||OFF||x 0.33 – x 0.5|
|3||ON||OFF||ON||OFF||ON||OFF||OFF||OFF||x 0.25 – 0.33|
The unit is designed for 4 wire Strain Gauges, should 6 wire Strain Gauges be used, their excitation and sense wires should be both connected to the appropriate ‘E’ terminals. The 4 channels can be matched by adjusting the ‘Channel Gain’ potentiometers having first set the DIL switches for the number of Strain Gauges used. If access to individual Strain Gauges is possible eg before the platform or hopper is in position, then calibration can be carried out by placing a weight on one of the cells and noting the change in display reading on the ADW15.
Repeat this for each remaining Strain Gauge, and adjust the ‘Channel Gain’ potentiometers, to give the same change in display reading for each cell used.
Should the platform already be in the position it will be necessary to use a millivolt source to carry out the calibration. Apply a voltage of 10 times the millivolt/volt figure given for the appropriate Strain Gauge, to each channel in turn, adjusting the ‘Channel Gains’ to give equal changes in display readings for each cell used.
Why Applied Measurements?
- Suppliers of top quality strain gauge sensors and transducers to every corner of industry - UK and worldwide
- Over 100 years of expert transducer knowledge
- Our high quality products all come with a 3 year warranty
- Platform Load Cell | Single Point Load Cell | 0-250g to 0-40kg | OBUG0-250g to 0-40kgFrom £123
- Universal Load Cell | Universal S-Beam Force Sensor | DBBSM0-1kg up to 0-30,000kgFrom £244Buy Online
- Handheld Load Cell Indicator | Digital Display | TR150From £296Buy Online
- Strain Gauge Displacement Sensor | Linear Position Sensor | AML/SGD0-5mm to 0-100mmFrom £409Buy Online