At a Glance
- Capacities: 0-12.5kN up to 0-540kN
- Output: 1.5mV/V nominal
- Environmental Protection: IP66
- Accuracy: <±1.5%/RC typical
- Custom-Sized Versions Available
- Low Height & Compact – To easily fit where space is limited.
- Optimum Performance Guaranteed – Its high-frequency response captures transient measurement fast.
- Long-Life and Low Maintenance – With its rugged stainless steel construction.
- Adapt It For Your Application – With our customisation service.
- Submersible Versions Available – Perfect for marine and offshore applications.
Applied Measurements CCG low profile donut load cell (also known as an annular load cell, force washer or load washer) has been designed for applications where bolt tension needs to be measured with a very low-profile transducer. They are also used in cable tension measurement applications where they are mounted at the anchor point to provide continuous monitoring.
The annular donut load cell design is inherently stiff which gives it an excellent frequency response allowing it to be used for transient measurements if required, while its rugged stainless steel construction and IP66 ingress protection rating ensure a long and maintenance-free life.
Our annular donut load cell design is one that customised regularly to suit a multitude of applications, these include even lower height versions, the current record for which stands at 5mm, fully submersible IP68 versions and versions with inserts to allow the use of a single load cell with multiple sizes of bolt. We have also constructed very high capacity versions, with 3000kN / 300 tonnes being the largest manufactured to date, however, it is possible for us to manufacture versions rated to 15MN / 1500 tonnes and above for extreme applications.
Additionally, if you can allow the space for a taller load cell, the accuracy can be vastly improved by doubling the standard height. So, if you need a special version to suit your application please call your Applied Measurements expert technical team who will be happy to discuss your required specification in detail, or use our contact form in the sidebar.
|Rated Capacity (RC)||kN||0-12.5, 0-25, 0-35, 0-50, 0-100, 0-160, 0-200, 0-250, 0-300, 0-360, 0-540|
|Operating Modes||Compression Only|
|Sensitivity Range||mV/V||1.5mV/V nominal (see note below)|
|Zero Balance/Offset||±%/Rated Output||<5|
|Non-Linearity||±%/Rated Output||<1.5 typical / 5 worst-case|
|Hysteresis||±%/Rated Output||<1.5 typical / 5 worst-case|
|Repeatability||±%/Rated Output||<±1% for identical mounting position, <±10% for altered mounting position (see note below)|
|Temperature Effect on Zero||±%/Rated Output/˚C||<0.030|
|Temperature Effect on Sensitivity||±%/Rated Output/˚C||<0.030|
|Input Resistance||Ohms (nominal)||375 (750 for capacities above 40kN)|
|Output Resistance||Ohms (nominal)||350 (700 for capacities above 40kN)|
|Insulation Resistance||Megohms||>5000 @ 50Vdc|
|Excitation Voltage||Volts AC or DC||10 recommended (2-15 acceptable)|
|Operating Temperature Range||˚C||-20 to +70|
|Compensated Temperature Range||˚C||+10 to +60|
|Storage Temperature Range||˚C||-20 to +70|
|Safe Overload||% of Rated Capacity||150|
|Ultimate Overload||% of Rated Capacity||300|
|Deflection @ Rated Capacity||See dimension table|
|Fundamental Resonant Frequency*||See dimension table|
|IP Rating (Environmental Protection)||IP66|
|Weight (excluding cable)||See dimension table|
|Fatigue Life||108 cycles typical (109 cycles on fatigue-rated version)|
|Cable Length (as standard)||metres||2|
|Cable Type||4 core + screen, PVC sheath via cable gland|
|Construction Material||Stainless Steel|
|Max Resolution||1 part in 250,000 (with appropriate instrumentation)|
|*The resonant frequency is calculated with the body of the load cell attached to a large plate, ensuring that only the sensing element oscillates: This is vital to achieve the highest natural frequency and subsequent frequency response.|
|Note: The sensitivity range stated above is dependent on the selected mounting position. If the mounting position is maintained during operation, then the CCG will be repeatable and linear within the parameters specified above. If the mounting position is altered, then the sensitivity range may change by up to ±10%, as may repeatability.|
|Model||Capacity (kN)||ØA||ØB||ØC||H||Deflection||Resonant Frequency (kHz) @ Zero Load||Weight (kg)|
All dimensions are in mm
|Screen||To ground - not connected to load cell body|
Ordering Codes & Options
|Core Product||Capacity (inc Engineering Units)||Cable Length (m)||Specials Code||Example Result|
CAD Model Files
Our 3D models are provided in STEP format and can be viewed using FreeCAD. Other formats can be provided on request.
The .zip file below contains a separate model for each product variant.
Why Applied Measurements?
- Suppliers of top quality strain gauge sensors and transducers to every corner of industry - UK and worldwide
- Over 100 years of expert transducer knowledge
- Our high quality products all come with a 3 year warranty
- Platform Load Cell | Single Point Load Cell | 0-250g to 0-40kg | OBUG0-250g to 0-40kgFrom £123
- Universal Load Cell | Universal S-Beam Force Sensor | DBBSM0-1kg up to 0-30,000kgFrom £244Buy Online
- Handheld Load Cell Indicator | Digital Display | TR150From £296Buy Online
- Strain Gauge Displacement Sensor | Linear Position Sensor | AML/SGD0-5mm to 0-100mmFrom £409Buy Online