At a Glance
- Stroke Ranges: 0-5mm to 0-100mm
- 4-20mA, 0-5V and 0-10V Output
- Environmental Protection: IP54
- Spring Loaded
- High Accuracy:
- <±0.1% (0-5mm to 0-50mm)
- <±0.2% (0-100mm)
- Strain Gauge Design for High Accurate Results
- Compact Size & Rugged Construction
- Low-Noise Signal Conditioner
- Long Life – Reliable and Accurate Even After 10 Million Cycles.
- Wide range of standard analogue and digital equipment available.
Applied Measurements amplified strain gauge displacement sensor AML/SGDA utilises strain gauge technology to provide a linearly proportional industrial output in relation to the movement of a captivated spindle. Outputs available for the amplified displacement sensor are 4-20mA, 0-5V and 0-10V.
Stroke ranges available are from 0-5mm up to 0-100mm, the strain gauge displacement transducer offers excellent accuracy of better than 0.1% on ranges from 0-5 up to 0-50mm and 0.2% on the 0-100mm versions, along with excellent resolution and long-term stability.
The design principle incorporates a low-noise signal conditioner, avoiding the need for external modules and simplifying the installation and configuration process.
Common applications for Applied Measurements AML/SGDA include Geotechnical Testing, R&D, Aerospace, Civil Engineering and Automotive.
|Output Options:||0-5Vdc, 0-10Vdc or 4-20mA|
|Non-Linearity, Hysteresis, Repeatability|
|<0.10||<0.20||±% of Rated Output|
|Operating Temperature Range:||-10 to +70||°C|
|Temperature Effect On Output:||<0.010||±% of Rated Output/°C|
|Temperature Effect On Zero:||<0.010||±% of Rated Output/°C|
|Safe Overload:||See note 4 below|
|Output Bandwidth:||100||Hz (nominal)|
|Cable:||2m, 3-core Screened Cable (min bend radius 10mm)|
|Weight (excluding cable):||135||140||150||200||320||grams|
1. The outer case must not be distorted when clamping the sensor. A full diameter clamp is advised.
2. The sensor is not recommended for use is hostile environments without additional protection.
3. Special tools are required to remove the plunger tip (anvil) to avoid damage to the spindle.
4. With the plunger tip (anvil) attached this forms a positive overload protection stop
CAD Model Files
Our 3D models are provided in STEP format and can be viewed using FreeCAD. Other formats can be provided on request.
The .zip file below contains a separate model for each product variant.
Instant Price & Part Code Builder
You can now buy this product in our online shop. Alternatively, you can find the ordering code, price* and lead time below.
*Please note: The prices shown are valid in the UK only and do not include carriage charges. For overseas pricing please contact a member of our sales team or your local distributor.
Why Applied Measurements?
- Suppliers of top quality strain gauge sensors and transducers to every corner of industry - UK and worldwide
- Over 100 years of expert transducer knowledge
- Our high quality products all come with a 3 year warranty