At a Glance
- Ranges:0-1mWG up to 0-100mWG
- 23mm Diameter
- Output: SDI-12 v1.4
- Environmental Protection: IP68 to 100 metres
- Accuracy: <±0.15%/FS (Optional 0.1% and 0.06% Versions)
- Low Power Consumption: <4mA
- Compact Only 23mm Diameter
- Accurate Level & Temperature Readings
- Fully Submersible & Long-Term Immersion Protected to 100m
- Intelligent 16-Bit Electronics for Complex Calibrations
- High Integrity Waterproof Assembly
- Robust Stainless Steel Silicon Sensing Element
- Protected Against Power Surges from Lightning Strikes
The Pa993D SDI-12 submersible depth sensor is an intelligent microprocessor enhanced depth sensor designed for both level and temperature readings as standard. With its narrow diameter of just 23mm, it is ideal for V-notch weir flow measurement in open channel flow applications and environmental monitoring.
Thanks to its embedded 16-bit microprocessor-based electronics, the Pa993D SDI-12 submersible depth sensor can perform complex linearisation, temperature compensation and calibration to deliver extremely high accuracy of less than ±0.15% full scale, with an option to increase this to 0.1% or 0.06% if required, making them ideal for laboratory & research testing applications, environmental monitoring and flood defence systems.
The Pa993 is perfect for applications using battery or solar panels as it has a very low power consumption and can be powered from as low as 6V supply. Plus, it is extremely useful in multi-sensor setups as one or more SDI-12 submersible depth sensors can be used to interface with one datalogger.
They have a robust 316 stainless steel silicon sensing element coupled with a choice of Nitrile (NBR) or Viton (FKM), guaranteeing long term immersion protection to 100 metres. In addition, their moulded cable exit fitted with vented polyurethane (PUR) cable and strain wire provide a high integrity waterproof assembly as standard, making them ideal for the measurement of pressure within rivers, reservoirs and boreholes.
The Pa993D SDI-12 submersible depth sensor has a surge protection circuit to mitigate the effects of electrical transients caused by nearby lightning strikes and power supply fluctuations.
If you need to connect this sensor to a PC, try our USB-SDI12 converter. Using the free downloadable logging software, you can data log up to 10 SDI-12 sensors connected to the USB-SDI12 converter to a PC/Laptop.
Applied Measurements are proud members of the SDI-12 support group, a non-profit corporation who provide SDI-12 specification and additional information about SDI-12.
|Pressure Ranges:||1, 2.5, 3.5, 5, 10, 20, 25, 50, 75, 100||metres Water Gauge (mWG) *|
|Pressure Reference:||Gauge (Sealed Gauge + Absolute optional)|
|Safe Overpressure:||150||% Pressure Range|
|Burst Pressure:||300||% Pressure Range|
|Supply Voltage:||6-36||Volts DC|
|Current Consumption:||<0.25 (idle), <4 (when active)||mA|
|Digital Output:||SDI-12 v1.4|
|Electrical Connections:||Screened polyurethane (PUR) cable with vent tube, strain and drain wire|
|Level Accuracy:||<0.15 (0.1% or 0.06% optional)||±%Pressure Range|
|Temperature Range Operating:||-10 to +60 (non-freezing media only)||˚C|
|Temperature Range Compensated:||20 ± 20||˚C|
|Temperature Effect on Output:||<0.01 typical||±%/˚C|
|Temperature Effect On Zero:||<0.01 typical||±%/Rated Output/˚C|
|Long Term Stability:||<0.1||±%/FS|
|Environmental Protection:||IP68 to 100mWG (10bar)|
|Weight:||300 (sensor), 48g/metre (cable)||grams|
|Construction / Wetted Parts:||316 St/Steel, Viton (EPDM + NBR optional) + PUR|
|Permissible Media:||All fluids compatible with wetted parts.|
|Electrical Protection:||EMC Immunity: EN50082-1 & Surge (Lightning) Protection: EN61000-4-5|
|Reverse Polarity Protection:||No damage but no function.|
|*Other engineering units selectable in software: mm, inches, feet, mbar.|
Ordering Codes & Options
|Pa993DA-10mWG-AAAV-01-000 (example code)||Pa993D||A||-||10mWG||-||A||A||A||V||-||01||-||000|
|A = SDI-12 v.1.4||A|
|10mWG = 0 to 10 metres of water gauge (H2O)||-||10mWG|
|10mWA = 0 to 10 metres of water absolute (H2O)||-||10mWA|
|10mWSG = 0 to 10 metres of water sealed gauge (H2O)||-||10mWSG|
|Accuracy (Non-Linearity & Hysteresis)|
|A = <±0.15%/FS||-||A|
|B = <±0.1%/FS||-||B|
|C = <±0.06%/FS||-||C|
|A = Nose Cone (G1/4” DIN 3852 male when removed)||A|
|A = 316 Stainless Steel||A|
|V = Viton (FKM)||V|
|N = Nitrile (NBR)||N|
|Cable Length (in metres)|
|01 = 1 metre||-||01|
|10 = 10 metres||-||10|
|000 = No Special Requirements||-||000|
CAD Model Files
Our 3D models are provided in STEP format and can be viewed using FreeCAD. Other formats can be provided on request.
The .zip file below contains a separate model for each product variant.
Why Applied Measurements?
- Suppliers of top quality strain gauge sensors and transducers to every corner of industry - UK and worldwide
- Over 100 years of expert transducer knowledge
- Our high quality products all come with a 3 year warranty
- Platform Load Cell | Single Point Load Cell | 0-250g to 0-40kg | OBUG0-250g to 0-40kgFrom £123
- Universal Load Cell | Universal S-Beam Force Sensor | DBBSM0-1kg up to 0-30,000kgFrom £244Buy Online
- Handheld Load Cell Indicator | Digital Display | TR150From £296Buy Online
- Strain Gauge Displacement Sensor | Linear Position Sensor | AML/SGD0-5mm to 0-100mmFrom £409Buy Online