At a Glance
- Measuring Range: 0-100mm up to 0-1500mm
- Outputs Include: Potentiometer / Voltage / Current / Incremental / Absolute Encoder
- Environmental Protection: IP65
<±0.02% of Full Scale Output (Digital)<±0.5% to <±0.1 of Full Scale Output (Analogue, range-dependent)
- Robust Aluminium Case
- Analogue and Digital Options
- Potentiometer, Voltage and Current Output
- Absolute or Incremental Encoder Versions
- Customised Versions for High Volume Available
The P60 industrial low range draw wire displacement sensor has a measuring range of between 0-100mm up to 1500mm. They are housed in a robust aluminium enclosure and have a dust-tight and watertight protection to IP65. The P60 series of industrial draw wire sensors also feature mounting grooves giving them greater flexibility of use in harsh industrial environments.
The P60 industrial low range draw-wire displacement sensor 0-100mm and 0-150mm is available as a wire or conductive plastic sensing element, whilst the 0-300mm up to 0-1500mm is available as a hybrid potentiometer. Both sensing elements offer a resolution towards infinite.
Both a digital and analogue output versions are available for greater flexibility. Both absolute and incremental encoder options have a significantly longer service life and better linearity of ±0.02% of full-scale output compared to analogue potentiometers.
Incremental encoders are used where the relative position displacement should be measured. In contrast, an absolute encoder assigns a unique position value to each measured value.
For a higher measuring range for an industrial environment try the P115 industrial large range draw wire displacement sensor. Alternatively, if cost is a factor try our low cost OEM draw wire sensors.
If you need an outdoor draw wire sensor, try our IP69k rated draw wire sensor.
|Measuring Range (mm)||A (mm)|
|0-100, 0-300, 0-500, 0-1000||16.15|
|0-150, 0-750, 0-1500||24.2|
State-of-the-Art Sensors for Oldest Working Beam Engine in the World
The Boulton and Watt steam engine, originally installed in 1812, is the oldest working beam engine in the world. It is on this 200-year-old steam engine that engineers want to install the latest state-of-the-art sensors and instrumentation to monitor position, speed and acceleration of the piston. This Mechatronics Project - 'marrying 200 years of technology' - has 5 main aims.
- To understand the impact on the engine when running at full load.
- To explore engine efficiency.
- To illustrate to visitors the internal workings of the engine in real-time.
- To display information to less-able visitors unable to climb the stairs.
- To provide data for educational and research projects at all levels.
Why Applied Measurements?
- Suppliers of top quality strain gauge sensors and transducers to every corner of industry - UK and worldwide
- Over 100 years of expert transducer knowledge
- Our high quality products all come with a 3 year warranty
- Platform Load Cell | Single Point Load Cell | 0-250g to 0-40kg | OBUG0-250g to 0-40kgFrom £123
- Universal Load Cell | Universal S-Beam Force Sensor | DBBSM0-1kg up to 0-30,000kgFrom £244Buy Online
- Handheld Load Cell Indicator | Digital Display | TR150From £296Buy Online
- Strain Gauge Displacement Sensor | Linear Position Sensor | AML/SGD0-5mm to 0-100mmFrom £409Buy Online