At a Glance
- Capacities: 0-50N up to 0-50kN
- Output: 0.75mV/V to 2mV/V
- Fully Submersible: IP68 to 10m
- Accuracy: <±0.15%/RC (0.05% typical)
- Optional Integral Amplifier
- Ideal for any Freshwater Application
- Fully Submersible Long-Term Immersion Protected
- Underwater Protection Guaranteed Thanks to ‘O’ Ring Sealing
- Greater Underwater Depth Ratings Available for Deep Sea Applications
- Special Versions Alternative Construction Materials for Seawater and other Corrosive or Aggressive Media.
The DDEN in-line submersible load cell can be used in both tension and compression and is specially designed for applications where load or force needs to be measured underwater, or in areas subject to high humidity or the risk of flooding.
The submersible in-line load cell is sealed using ‘O’ rings to provide integrity at depths up to 10 metres as standard, with greater depths possible if the appropriate modifications are made to the design. The standard model is currently being used in various applications including wave tank measurement systems and mooring buoy cable tension monitoring.
The DDENA in-line submersible load cell is fitted with an ICA Series Load Cell Amplifier to provide a high-level analogue output, commonly 0-5Vdc, 0-10Vdc, ±10Vdc or 4-20mA, which is suitable for use with most data acquisition and control systems. An RS485 digital output is also possible by fitting the DCell Load Cell Digitiser in place of the ICA.
Customised versions of the DDEN submersible load cell can be designed to meet your specific requirements. Please contact our expert sales team using the form in the sidebar, or by phone on +44 (0) 1189 817339, we will be happy to help.
0-50N up to 0-20kN
0-50N up to 0-20kN
CAD Model Files
Our 3D models are provided in STEP format and can be viewed using FreeCAD. Other formats can be provided on request.
Submersible Load Cells Lower the Cost of Large Tidal Turbine Designs
This case study aims to significantly reduce the cost of large scale tidal turbine designs using our submersible load cells. The tidal turbine test rig was placed in a state-of-the-art test tank, where the team were able to increasing the size, flow rate and turbulence levels within the tank. Lowering the cost of rotor blade manufacture would make this renewable energy more economical to use and widely accessible, benefiting not only the UK renewable tidal energy markets but developing tidal energy countries too. Our submersible load cells measured both the torque and the thrust of the underwater tidal turbine design.
Interested in this product? Send us an enquiry...
- Suppliers of top quality strain gauge sensors and transducers to every corner of industry - UK and worldwide
- Over 100 years of expert transducer knowledge
- Our high quality products all come with a 3 year warranty
Strain Gauge Displacement Sensor | Linear Position Sensor | AML/SGD
0-5mm to 0-100mm
Universal Load Cell | Universal S-Beam Force Sensor | DBBSM
0-1kg up to 0-30,000kg